Article By David Lindfield
Nothing says more about our legal system than this.
An Oklahoma man has been arrested three times in less than two weeks after allegedly assaulting multiple women in separate incidents, with prosecutors now seeking tougher bond conditions as investigators continue building the cases.
Jeff Kufi Asare, 26, was most recently arrested on Aug. 12 and booked into the Oklahoma County Jail on a first-degree rape allegation.
Jail records show his bond was set at $75,000 cash or surety, and no release date was listed.
According to court filings, Asare was born in Ghana.
It’s unclear whether he is in the country legally.
The latest arrest came after Oklahoma City firefighters reportedly witnessed Asare allegedly restraining a woman along the Lake Hefner Trail before notifying police, according to Oklahoma City ABC affiliate KOCO.
Three Arrests in Less Than Two Weeks
The Aug. 12 arrest followed two others in rapid succession.
On Aug. 1, Oklahoma City police responded to a reported sexual assault and arrested Asare on probable-cause allegations of felony sexual battery and felony indecent exposure.
The incident report also listed attempted forcible rape and forcible fondling among the alleged offenses.
Just five days later, on Aug. 6, officers arrested Asare again after responding to reports that multiple women had been sexually assaulted at a downtown park.
Police booked him on probable-cause allegations of attempted kidnapping and felony sexual battery.
He also received two municipal citations for assault and battery.
Police said the report from the Aug. 12 incident had not yet been completed for public release.
Prosecutors Await Formal Charges
Although Asare has now been arrested three times, Oklahoma County prosecutors said that formal state charges have not yet been filed because investigators have not completed their work.
The Oklahoma County District Attorney’s Office said it expects to file charges after receiving the completed case files from the Oklahoma City Police Department.
Court records show judges initially set Asare’s bond at $50,000 following his earlier arrests on Aug. 5 and Aug. 10.
Following the third arrest, prosecutors successfully sought an increase, raising the bond to $75,000.
Lengthy Criminal History
Court records indicate Asare has had frequent contact with the criminal justice system in recent years.
Since January 2023, his name has appeared in at least 18 Oklahoma County court dockets involving criminal proceedings and a pending civil lawsuit.
Some of those filings involve probable-cause proceedings that later developed into criminal cases stemming from the same arrests.
Records also show at least seven misdemeanor convictions.
Those convictions include three counts of breaking and entering, along with convictions for resisting an officer, shoplifting, trespassing, and marijuana possession.
Asare pleaded guilty to resisting an officer, shoplifting, and trespassing in September 2023.
He later pleaded guilty to breaking and entering and marijuana possession in November 2024, followed by guilty pleas in two additional breaking-and-entering cases in October 2025 and April 2026.
Court records show he received a 45-day jail sentence in one case and a 30-day sentence in another, receiving credit for time already served in both.
He also entered a court-ordered outpatient treatment program after prosecutors dismissed separate trespassing and obstruction charges in 2025.
In another case filed in 2024, a judge issued a bench warrant after Asare failed to appear for a scheduled court hearing.
The investigations into the three recent alleged sexual assaults remain ongoing.

Be the first to comment